Is this an Epidemic From Lack of Quality Control
March 25, 2014
My Sweet Baby Cuddle Care Doll
The sweet doll that laughs, cries, coughs & gets red cheeks so your child can play doctor and learn how to nurture! What a wonderful thought. But....
This sweet doll that sells at Walmart has INTERNAL ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS that may overheat and potentially cause a burn hazard!
In what world do we give a toddler any toy that has electrical components that could cause harm? This toy is mass produced in China. There have been 18 reports of incidents of burns or blisters to the thumb.
The doll is dressed in a pink outfit with green & white flowers & a matching cap. The doll comes packaged with a stethoscope, syringe, thermometer, spoon & medicine bottle & is identified with Item#30692735.
April 4, 2014
Orkid Toys RECALLS Meebie Plush Toy
This toy is a soft plush animal that comes with a variety of removable Velcro pieces so that your child can change its emotions & allows you children to express emotions non-verbally.
Some these peices have been recalled due to choking hazards just discovered for small children! Are you kidding me? These toys have been on the market for 2 years. Made in China.
Note: These toys were sold online or through Source RE Source.
What to look for when purchasing toys
- When buying toys, look for sturdy well built ones that include the manufacturer's contact information
- Read & Follow all age labels & safety messages. Toys for older children may have small parts or other hazards that make them unsafe for younger children
- Keep small toys & any loose parts out of the reach of small children under 3 years of age. (These are choking hazards that can lead to death)
- Repair or throw away broken toys. Check frequently for loose parts, broken peices or sharp edges that could potentially cause harm
- Keep all plush & soft toys away from sources that could cause a fire namely: fireplaces, stoves, heaters & electrical outlets.